Friday, November 02, 2012

Serendipity


Glitter Text @ Glitterfy.com
 I will tell you a story. This is about  The Boy that once an important part of me. Let me start by saying this undying line:


Once upon a time...
... there was this boy whom I secretly called my Serendipity. As the word 'serendipity' means, knowing him is the most pleasant thing that ever happened to me. It started as a necessity. Am I too brutal to use the word 'necessity' to describe it? But that is the only word I can describe it nearly. Better read the following to understand what I mean of 'necessity'.
I had my first crush when I was in 3rd year high school. And before that school year ends, it ended first. When my 4th year high school days came, I found my life boring without a crush. So I decided to find a new crush. That was why it was just a 'necessity'. But it could not be just anybody. I had a criteria for that. He must be my classmate, so that I can always see him without any efforts. Another, he must be free of vices. And of course, he is of good character.
It was hard to find that exact boy in our section until I settled to one of my classmates. That day I chose 'Serendipity' to be my crush didn't mean that I already had a crush on him. Funny that I always remind myself that, "he is your crush, so you better look at him". Hahaha. For seldom in a day that I can remember him. I announced already to all of my friends that "he is my crush". But I really couldn't feel it as true. I always need to force myself to make notice of him beacause he is my crush. Really funny of me. But as months went on, I fall into my own pit. And as the years went by, I fell inlove of him. I never thought at first I was capable of that. And yes, I did. 
All is in past tense.
I became tired of the cycle. My college days ended and he was still the boy. 
We became friends, yes we did. But I never knew him more than that. It was always my challenge to forget him. I know he'll never feel the same as what I felt for him. I did all the strategies of letting go. But I have proven that 'to ignore is the best way to forget'.  Maybe he was just my serendipity but not my DESTINY.
Unlike all fairy tales, it didn't end in a happy ending. After all, it didn't started. As what I have told you, this is just a story!

No comments: