Sunday, December 14, 2014

A STAR is Born


Philippines is known to have the longest celebration of Christmas.
People will Christmas songs right after the 1st day of September, the 1st day of the ber -months.
I seldom complain then why people celebrated Christmas in a more festive way rather than performing its true meaning.
So it's really a wonder to me why this year, and it's already December, only few Christmas lights and decors can be seen around.
It's not as colorful as before.
Two more sleeps left and "Simbang Gabi" or the Aguinaldo mass will start!!!
Maybe by that time, Christmas will be more felt around here.
Because of lots of what happened and of poverty, maybe most opted to celebrate Christmas the way it should be celebrated. Simple yet meaningful.
Instead of preparing lavish decorations, people will give time to reflect about their lives.
Still, there are few who already decorated around for Christmas.
Plazas have each their own version.
Last friday night, I passed by the Plaza near our office.
And it was their light a tree or decorate a tree for christmas opening night (I dunno what they call it, by I think it's annual).
I was in hurry so I didn't took a lot of pictures.
I'll post here that two that I think are the most beautiful among those little pictures I captured.



STARS.
The most common symbol of Christmas.
After all, Christmas time is a celebration of the world's no. 1 star.
A star who shines since so long ago.
A star who was born in a barn in Bethlehem.
A star whose name is Jesus.
Advance Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to my no. 1 Star.


No comments: